Seattle, WA. Now that I am back in Seattle at my home, I can now ponder what sweet army I can captain to the bottom of the sea with all my other sunken failboats.
I am thinking the mighty and scary Thunderwolves of Fenris. I want a list that is all wolves and the nice thing about this is I can actually do it with real Space Wolf rules, unlike when I tried using "13th Company" and bikes rules for Thunderwolves.
Here is my list components and special consideration. First, I have to buy Canis...he kinda sucks but he allows me to take fenrisian wolves as Troops. What is good about fenrisian wolves being troops? They are cheap and...they are fast and...they kinda suck too. I mean they can't even hold objectives, what good is a troop choice if it can't hold an objective. The only thing good about them really is that you don't have to burn up Fast Attack choices to have them. Their basically there to contest objectives or screen other units and they are fluffy for my list.
Second, I like Wolf Scouts. I was really missing them this year at OFCC. They come in so handy...just popping up behind Tau Broadsides or breaking up a Blood Angels parking lot of Rhino chassis vehicles. So just because I really can't function as a Space Wolf player without them, I putting them in. It is not really fluffy but I'll make it fluffy, especially if I get a brass plate describing the battle that will soon consume them all in battle. It'll sound sexy, probably my some nerd nips hard and get me so extra paint score kudos.
Third, I have to have as many hardcore Thunderwolves as possible. Check below:
- Two (2) Iron Priests - I have two "pipe hitting," which means they smoke crack, meth or PCP not that they hit people with pipes like everyone else thinks it means, Iron Priests on Thunderwolf Mounts with all the cyber wolves you can stack a stick at.
- One (1) Wolf Lord - After having two Iron Priest, I was pondering the greater scheme of 40K and OFCC which is...I don't have to win...I just have to tie...so I need 'death star' units that will focus on wrecking any armies happy fun-time on the battle field. Then 'bing', Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf Mount and hold the pickles.
- I decided to bring the standard Wolf Lord with Wolf Claws, all the cool kid kit, Saga of the Warrior Born because it is sexy and only cool kid Space Wolf players use it, then gave him the Belt of Russ because I want every attack I can get out of this guy plus an invulnerable save.
- But all you hater Space Wolf players will be like, "You should take the Storm Shield and just one Wolf Claw?" I saw big 'F' 'U' in brown eyed kisser. I don't roll that way, every model in my army knows that it is going to die, my wolf lord just wants some more chances to die mofos into serving cube sized snacks at the SAM'S Club.
- One (1) Wolf Guard Battle Leader - Cheap and he gets Saga of the Hunter. If I can get this guy and the scouts working one side of the table...please no body is going to like that except me.
In conclusion, I want Thunderwolves and lots of them and I will sacrifice anything, mainly the ability to crack armor effectively, to have as many as I can take. Check the list and tell me what you think on the forums.
2000 Pts - Space Wolves Thunderwolf Roster
1 Canis Wolfborn
. . 1 Canis Wolfborn - Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Wolf Tail Talisman; Wolftooth Necklace; 2x Wolf Claws
. . 8 Cyberwolf - Vicious claws and fangs
6 Fenrisian Wolf
. . 6 Fenrisian Wolf - Vicious claws and fangs
15 Fenrisian Wolf Pack
. . 15 Fenrisian Wolf Pack - Vicious claws and fangs
2 Iron Priest
. . 2 Iron Priest - Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Runic Armour; Wolf Tail Talisman; Wolftooth Necklace
6 Thunderwolf Cavalry
. . 2 Thunderwolf Cavalry - Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Melta Bombs; Close Combat Weapon; Storm Shield
. . 2 Thunderwolf Cavalry - Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Close Combat Weapon; Storm Shield
. . 2 Thunderwolf Cavalry - Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Storm Shield; Frost Weapon
1 Wolf Guard Battle Leader in Power Armour
. . 1 Wolf Guard Battle Leader in Power Armour - Frost Weapon; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Melta Bombs; Runic Armour; Wolf Tail Talisman; Wolftooth Necklace
. . [Unassigned: 1 Storm Shield]
1 Wolf Lord in Power Armour
. . 1 Wolf Lord in Power Armour - Wolf Claw; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Melta Bombs; Runic Armour; Wolf Tail Talisman; Wolftooth Necklace
. . [Unassigned: 1 Wolf Claw]
10 Wolf Scouts Pack
. . 7 Wolf Scouts Pack - Close Combat Weapon; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Melta Bombs; Flamer
. . 2 Wolf Scouts Pack - Power Weapon; Close Combat Weapon; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Melta Bombs; Flamer
. . 1 Wolf Scout w/ Mark of the Wulfen - Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Melta Bombs; Close Combat Weapon
Total Roster Cost: 2000