Thursday, August 25, 2011
Wow. I really liked this post on GW Site about how to paint like Jack Campbell's Red Scorpions.
Here is a link to the story!...Then tell me what you think on the DFM! Forums!
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
I found this on youtube a few day ago. What is it you may ask? It is not only a video containing about ever army at the 2011 Warahammer 40K OFCC made by Da40kOrks. This guy kicked my ass in the first round...mainly because I didn't take scouts or an army I could Drunkhammer with.
If you were curious just to see the Ultra Moo'rines and Chokolate Starphishes army's then I have put up this helpful list of times and names so you could check out the awesomeness that we brought to OFCC!
- Casey - Ultra Moo'rines - Orks - 13:24
- Erik - Ultra Moo'rines - Grey Knights - 13:30
- Dan - Ultra Moor'rines - Space Wolves - unknown
- Derek - Choko Starphishes - Blood Angels - 13:54
- Ben - Choko Starphishes - Imperial Guard - 14:00
- Keith - Choko Starphishes - Orks - 14:07
- Marc - Choko Starphishes Dark Angels - 14:23
- Matt - Ultra Moo'rines - Space Wolves - 14:55, 15:11
Monday, August 22, 2011
Seattle, WA. Now that I am back in Seattle at my home, I can now ponder what sweet army I can captain to the bottom of the sea with all my other sunken failboats.
I am thinking the mighty and scary Thunderwolves of Fenris. I want a list that is all wolves and the nice thing about this is I can actually do it with real Space Wolf rules, unlike when I tried using "13th Company" and bikes rules for Thunderwolves.
Here is my list components and special consideration. First, I have to buy Canis...he kinda sucks but he allows me to take fenrisian wolves as Troops. What is good about fenrisian wolves being troops? They are cheap and...they are fast and...they kinda suck too. I mean they can't even hold objectives, what good is a troop choice if it can't hold an objective. The only thing good about them really is that you don't have to burn up Fast Attack choices to have them. Their basically there to contest objectives or screen other units and they are fluffy for my list.
Second, I like Wolf Scouts. I was really missing them this year at OFCC. They come in so handy...just popping up behind Tau Broadsides or breaking up a Blood Angels parking lot of Rhino chassis vehicles. So just because I really can't function as a Space Wolf player without them, I putting them in. It is not really fluffy but I'll make it fluffy, especially if I get a brass plate describing the battle that will soon consume them all in battle. It'll sound sexy, probably my some nerd nips hard and get me so extra paint score kudos.
Third, I have to have as many hardcore Thunderwolves as possible. Check below:
- Two (2) Iron Priests - I have two "pipe hitting," which means they smoke crack, meth or PCP not that they hit people with pipes like everyone else thinks it means, Iron Priests on Thunderwolf Mounts with all the cyber wolves you can stack a stick at.
- One (1) Wolf Lord - After having two Iron Priest, I was pondering the greater scheme of 40K and OFCC which is...I don't have to win...I just have to tie...so I need 'death star' units that will focus on wrecking any armies happy fun-time on the battle field. Then 'bing', Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf Mount and hold the pickles.
- I decided to bring the standard Wolf Lord with Wolf Claws, all the cool kid kit, Saga of the Warrior Born because it is sexy and only cool kid Space Wolf players use it, then gave him the Belt of Russ because I want every attack I can get out of this guy plus an invulnerable save.
- But all you hater Space Wolf players will be like, "You should take the Storm Shield and just one Wolf Claw?" I saw big 'F' 'U' in brown eyed kisser. I don't roll that way, every model in my army knows that it is going to die, my wolf lord just wants some more chances to die mofos into serving cube sized snacks at the SAM'S Club.
- One (1) Wolf Guard Battle Leader - Cheap and he gets Saga of the Hunter. If I can get this guy and the scouts working one side of the table...please no body is going to like that except me.
In conclusion, I want Thunderwolves and lots of them and I will sacrifice anything, mainly the ability to crack armor effectively, to have as many as I can take. Check the list and tell me what you think on the forums.
2000 Pts - Space Wolves Thunderwolf Roster
1 Canis Wolfborn
. . 1 Canis Wolfborn - Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Wolf Tail Talisman; Wolftooth Necklace; 2x Wolf Claws
. . 8 Cyberwolf - Vicious claws and fangs
6 Fenrisian Wolf
. . 6 Fenrisian Wolf - Vicious claws and fangs
15 Fenrisian Wolf Pack
. . 15 Fenrisian Wolf Pack - Vicious claws and fangs
2 Iron Priest
. . 2 Iron Priest - Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Runic Armour; Wolf Tail Talisman; Wolftooth Necklace
6 Thunderwolf Cavalry
. . 2 Thunderwolf Cavalry - Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Melta Bombs; Close Combat Weapon; Storm Shield
. . 2 Thunderwolf Cavalry - Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Close Combat Weapon; Storm Shield
. . 2 Thunderwolf Cavalry - Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Storm Shield; Frost Weapon
1 Wolf Guard Battle Leader in Power Armour
. . 1 Wolf Guard Battle Leader in Power Armour - Frost Weapon; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Melta Bombs; Runic Armour; Wolf Tail Talisman; Wolftooth Necklace
. . [Unassigned: 1 Storm Shield]
1 Wolf Lord in Power Armour
. . 1 Wolf Lord in Power Armour - Wolf Claw; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Melta Bombs; Runic Armour; Wolf Tail Talisman; Wolftooth Necklace
. . [Unassigned: 1 Wolf Claw]
10 Wolf Scouts Pack
. . 7 Wolf Scouts Pack - Close Combat Weapon; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Melta Bombs; Flamer
. . 2 Wolf Scouts Pack - Power Weapon; Close Combat Weapon; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Melta Bombs; Flamer
. . 1 Wolf Scout w/ Mark of the Wulfen - Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Melta Bombs; Close Combat Weapon
Total Roster Cost: 2000
This video may not be sustiable for work because a few key individuals. I know if I had a chance to say anything, I would probably have gotten edited out but since I too in-depth in getting my assed handed to me this video is pretty safe to watch.
Saturday, August 20, 2011
Friday, August 19, 2011
You know the drill! Bring your toughest lists and wreck some face!
Located at D's Hobbies in Bend Oregon
Opens at 9:00 and starts at 9:30!
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Vancouver, WA at the Red Lion Hotel on the Quey, the Ordo Fanaticus Club Challenge for Warhammer 40k at 2000 points an army was held. Five games, two days, and 84 nerds from various character classes.
For two teams, Chocolate StarPhishes and Ultra Moo'rines, with players ranging from Whidbey Island, WA to Bend, OR fielded their miniatures on the tables in order to make not miniature love but to make miniature war.
The Chocolate Starphishes
- Derek A. - Blood Angels - Team Captain
- Marc M. - Dark Angels
- Keith - Orks
- Ben S. - Imperial Guard
- Matt L. - Space Wolves - Team Captain
- Casey D. - Orks - Asst. Team Captain
- Erik D. - Grey Knights - Asst. Team Captain
- Dan S. - Space Wolves
On Saturday after the 'gamer funk' is washed off and breakfast Blood Marries are drank, the challenge begins. First, all the teams place their armies on any surface available to strut display boards and miniatures. Then quickly a painting judge runs by glancing and jotting notes, some participates try to haggle extra points but most chat a bit while the judge does his business.
Captains are initially called to get table assignments to get rounds going. Then the captain on captain action begins. You hear things like "Well that pairing wouldn't be fun" or "All I have are weak lists and you have pound me in the ass lists," eventually you hear "that is a good match then" then the games start. This was nearly the same for every round and each day.
The missions this year where wrote by Jeremy, the Head of Games. From what was said he did a good job and only one mission where their grumbles and moaning due to the modified kill point (Victory Points divided by Kill Points) for victory conditions.
Once all the sheet were tallied with everyone's results from their skirmishes, their judging of other characters based on a few hours of contact and what ever mystery painting results were given it was time for the awards ceremony. Each captain sacrificed a miniature to the bucket of models from prior losing teams from pass OFCC's. Each miniature was lovingly, maybe hastily, painted with the team's handle then dropped in the victory chalice as there name was called by standing. The last name called was Da Mama's Boyz from Portland to recieve best over all.
But you know what counts, again The Chocolate Starphishes walk away with Best General.
As Marc said, "Best over is like the guy a women hangs around during the week. Best General is the guy she calls on the weeked to get some good dick'n from."
In the end, everyone had fun and learn somethings they will hopefully practice next year. Even next year Ben might get the Leman Russ Exterminator that Captain of the Ultra Moo'rine's dropped in the OFCC Trophy Bucket, and I am sure everyone else does because that mean they to are the best over all.
Monday, August 15, 2011
The message boards are up again! I retrieved them from
Proboards, all wasn't lost! Also, we need content...if you want to write
for the blog ask! I will give you access! Have fun and keep visiting!